Meccano Society of Scotland
21st Anniversary Competition
To celebrate 21 years of the Meccano Society of Scotland, those attending our all-day meeting in Menstrie on Saturday May 21st, are invited to submit a 21-part model in competition with fellow members. If you can't be with us, you're invited to compete by post or e-mail. (See below). Entries will be welcomed from anyone, anywhere.
The judge will be Chris Shute, who will consider various qualities of each entry, especially:
- Good humour and adherence to the spirit of the rules below.
- Entries shall be built from 21 Meccano parts.
- All parts of the construction must be Meccano or Meccano replica parts and appear in the ISM Inclusive Parts List. No motor may be used.
- A part of multiple components (e.g. Universal Coupling 140) shall be counted as one part provided it remains intact, in its normal configuration.
- The following parts shall not be counted: Nut 37a, Bolt 37b, Washer 38, Any Grub Screw or Set Screw 69, 69a, 69b, 69c.
Menstrie Meeting Entries
- The judge would prefer not to know the identity of any model's creator before results are declared. Accordingly, entries should remain hidden until 12.50pm.
- Entries may be simply labelled, remaining anonymous.
- At 12.50pm, the judge will walk his dog, while competitors display their entries at the competition table.
- Judging will commence at 1.00pm. Results will be declared at 2.00pm.
Postal or E-mailed Entries
- Postal or e-mailed entries for a parallel competition are welcome, and will be judged separately, a winner being announced on the same day.
- Entries may contain such photographs, diagrams or text as necessary to allow the judge to assess it.
- The winning entry, and others may appear on our website or in our newsletter.
- No model should be sent.
- Posted material will be returned if the entrant encloses return postage.
- Entries should arrive no later than one week in advance of the Menstrie meeting.
- E-mailed entries should be sent to the competition organiser
- Postal entries should be sent to the competition organiser.
- The judge will acknowledge receipt of entries by e-mail and post if an S.A.E. is supplied. No other correspondence about the competition may be entered into.
There are a number of other Meccano Races organised throughout the year. Click here for the link to the Meccano Race Calendar site.
© 2017 Meccano Society of Scotland