Meccano Society of Scotland
This competition this year is to build a Trebuchet. The idea behind the competition is to see whose model can throw and object the furthest.
- The challenge is to build a trebuchet.
- The model shall be a trebuchet constructed entirely of Meccano Parts. The only exception to this is that any cord used does not need to be Meccano cord. Such cord shall not be elastic.
- The use of part nos 66 and 67 shall not be allowed.
- The model shall not be more than 15.5" long, 15.5" high and 3" wide and shall stay within these dimensions while operating.
- The object thrown shall be a matchbox, containing a number of Meccano ball bearings and the same object shall be used by all contestents.
- The winner will be the model to project the missile the furthest.
- No part of the bulldozer may protrude beyond the front of the pusher plate.
- Only Meccano parts may be used to construct the bulldozer, except for any additional weight used solely to make up to comply with Rule 3 and the label to comply with Rule 10.
There are a number of other Meccano Races organised throughout the year. Click here for the link to the Meccano Race Calendar site.