The Meccano Society of Scotland
Magic Motor Reversing Vehicle
Menstrie Challenge 2007
To produce a vehicle which will automatically reverse as many times as possible between a pair of vertical obstacles 4 feet apart.
- The motive power shall be a post Second World War Magic clockwork motor.
- All parts of the model must be standard numbered Meccano or Meccano replica parts and appear in the ISM Inclusive Parts List.
- The Magic Clockwork Motor shall be an integral part of the moving model.
- The maximum size of the vehicle to be width 9 inches and length 12 inches.
- The model must start without assistance.
- Once an attempt is under way, the competitor may not touch it except to straighten its course if necessary.
- Each entrant will be allowed three attempts, the most number of reversals accomplished in any one attempt being the one taken in to consideration when deciding the winner.
- The winner will be defined as the entrant whose model covers the greatest number of reversals on a level floor on one winding.
- Proxy contestants are welcome