The Meccano Society of Scotland
Menstrie Challenge 2009
This challenge this year is to build a Trebuchet. The idea behind the competition is to see whose model can throw and object the furthest.
- The challenge is to build a trebuchet.
- The model shall be a trebuchet constructed entirely of Meccano Parts. The only exception to this is that any cord used does not need to be Meccano cord. Such cord shall not be elastic.
- The use of part nos 66 and 67 shall not be allowed.
- The model shall not be more than 15.5" long, 15.5" high and 3" wide and shall stay within these dimensions while operating.
- The object thrown shall be a matchbox, containing a number of Meccano ball bearings and the same object shall be used by all contestents.
- The winner will be the model to project the missile the furthest. The distance measured will be from the front of the model to the point of first impact of the missile on the floor.
- Proxy entries are welcome.